You're looking to shine at a digital agency with a collaborative environment, we're looking for a Creative Director who can contribute and shine. Sweet!
So here's an idea: come lead a passionate team of super-talented designers and writers amongst a group of doers who value making over talking.
You'll work on the best of both worlds: enterprise-level projects that make global business impact, and design-oriented showpieces that get people talking. There are no boundaries at Ai, so you and your team will be creating seamlessly with experience designers and developers, making everything beautiful and brilliant. No bureaucracy, you will report to the CXO and Co-founder. You'll guide what's next for a growing agency. You'll own stuff here.
And one thing more: you'll enjoy it.
Because that's what we do. We're a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We're twice-over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain's New York and AdAge. We're a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we're live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We're independently owned and bullshit-free. We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
The ideal person:
- Is an entrepreneur at heart; takes initiative, never content with skill level, and continually looks to do more with less
- Has experience in a creative leadership role (ideally at digital agency), driving collaboration and execution throughout all phases of creative development
- Is an optimist; always finding ways 'we can do' instead of thinking about what 'we can't do'
- Understands that harmony between design and technology is essential to create exceptional and meaningful work
- Thrives in an work environment where there is constant cross-collaboration between design, user experience, strategy, and technology.
- Has strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, and brand development
- Understands new platforms and technologies for the digital mediums
- Lives for the craft of design and has strong desire to produce award-winning creative
- Has a visual design background along with a willingness (and burning desire) to jump in the trenches from time to time
- Tells it like it is, whether giving shout-outs or challenging other people’s ideas
- Has proven coaching abilities and sincerely enjoys teaching and making others better at what they do
- Values doing the right things, not just doing things right
- Values empathy above all
- Be a relentless advocate for brand as a core component of experience design
- Develop compelling, creative, and user-focused experiences and points of view that align with clients’ brand and business objectives
- Collaborate closely with UX and Technology to create solutions that are as beautiful as they are purposeful and technically viable
- Partner with Account and Strategy team to set and steer the creative vision for projects, providing a framework to guide team throughout entirety of project
- Participate and play key role in new business opportunities and pitches
- Forecast department resourcing needs, manage project budgets and assess impact of project risks
- Build, foster, and actively develop strong client relationships
- Manage and mentor the creative team and be responsible for all hiring decisions
This is a full–time, on–site position at an award–winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences. Ai is located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan, in a bright, cheerful office complete with game room and dog.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable projects to email@example.com (We are helping manage this search directly.)