Acadaca is looking for a passionate, smart and articulate Senior Java Developer to help build and support our core software products and services.
We are a 45+ person interactive technology company specializing in ecommerce, Content Management and Publishing Systems, and Social Networking Applications.
We have created a highly-configurable, flexible ecommerce platform built on open-source technology, and we are continuously expanding our platform. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside people who are hard-working and friendly. In this role you will be constantly learning and challenged every day.
- Participating in requirements gathering discussions
- Designing database schema changes and J2EE software upgrades to support new features
- Coordination of feature implementation with other developers.
- Assessing the impact of new features on existing infrastructure
- Providing long term solutions and short term options for common maintenance requests
- Improving and monitoring application availability (apache, tomcat, postgres, mysql, Oracle)
- Setting technical policies for coding best practices
- Documenting technical procedures and best practice on intranet wiki
- Implementing and improving deployment procedures for new and existing applications
- Implementing more formal testing for J2EE applications
- Occasional support on sales calls/meetings where technical input necessary
On a technical level, looking for someone with:
- J2EE (tomcat application server experience a plus) - 3+ years
- Java Development- 4+ years
- Source Control (CVS)
- Basic Linux commands
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Ecommerce, content management and/or social network experience
- Familiarity with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS)
- Great location- Just steps away from the B, D, F, M and 6 trains
- Oh man, I have to work on my birthday? NO, you get off!
- Informal, relaxed dress code
- Commuter benefits
- Keep eating snacks and drinking drinks… they’re free
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org