Looking for a UX Lead position where you are a part of a collaborative team as opposed to being a one man band? Excellent, that’s how we roll.
Come join us as a UX Lead at our independent NYC digital agency located in the Flatiron District, where you can not only hands-on contribute, but also own the delivery of products for our clients in a truly user-centered way: research, experience strategy, concepting, interaction design, prototyping, testing! You’ll lead a passionate product team within a culture that values making over talking. You’ll work seamlessly with visual designers and developers on enterprise-level projects that impacts business AND win awards.
We're a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron District. We're twice-over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain's New York and AdAge. We're a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we're live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We're independently owned and bullshit-free. We run a dog-friendly office. We all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
The ideal person:
- Has 6+ years of experience in the field of UX Design or product development, working with large- scale digital experiences or applications
- Is an entrepreneur at heart; takes initiative, never content with skill level, and continually looks to do more with less
- Is an optimist; always finding ways 'we can do' instead of thinking about what 'we can't do'
- Understands that harmony between design and technology is essential to create exceptional and meaningful work
- Thrives in a work environment where there is constant cross-collaboration between design, user experience, strategy, and technology
- Lives for the craft of design and has a relentless focus on developing the highest quality user experiences possible
- Has a full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to specific engagements
- Develop compelling user-focused experiences that align with clients’ business objectives
- Own planning, quality and completion of all UX deliverables on projects
- Partner with clients to define vision and prioritize requirements and functional needs; ensuring UX vision is communicated and understood by the client and team (creative, technology, accounts, etc.)
- Manage IA / Interaction Design resources on assigned projects
- Organize and lead client and internal presentations
- Work with research team members to define correct research/testing processes, and participate as needed
- Share your UX knowledge and champion UX and UCD principles throughout the company
This is a full–time, on–site position at an award–winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences. Ai is located in the Flatiron district of Manhattan, in a bright, cheerful office complete with game room and dog.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Ai UX Lead job.