Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Program: BRIC TV
Supervisor: Director, Marketing and Communications
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
BRIC TV is Brooklyn’s own non-profit cable channel and digital network. From its state-of-the-art, glass-walled studio at BRIC House in Downtown Brooklyn, BRIC TV delivers a bold lineup of documentary series, hyper-local news, politics, music, comedy, scripted series and more. We are community television with an edge; a megaphone for the under-represented; and a patron of the independent arts. BRIC TV is Brooklyn without boundaries.
Purpose of Position:
BRIC is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to lead the marketing work related to our Brooklyn-focused video initiative, BRIC TV. The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns consistent with the Marketing Plan for the BRIC TV initiative, and for growing and engaging audiences to drive strong engagement with BRIC TV videos.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with expertise in film, TV and/or video marketing, exceptionally strong social media skills, familiarity with graphic design principles, excellent writing skills, basic video editing skills, great attention to detail, and a deep appreciation for the media/film industry.
The Senior Marketing Manager will report to BRIC’s Director of Marketing and Communication and have one full-time direct report, the BRIC TV Marketing Manager. The Senior Marketing Manager will also work closely with BRIC TV producers, be an integral part of BRIC’s 8-person marketing department and, in order to advance the digital aspects of the marketing plan for BRIC TV, work closely with BRIC’s Associate Director for Digital Marketing and BRIC’s Digital/ Social Media Marketing Assistant.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Executive Producer of BRIC TV, develop a detailed marketing plan and related implementation workplan for BRIC TV, to maximize the reach of BRIC TV videos with targeted audiences
- Supervise implementation of that plan via direct execution and supervision of other team members, including conceptualization and creation of content for social media/digital advertising (web ads, memes, video clips), and drafting, editing and managing the production of promotional materials, both print and outdoor
- With guidance from the Associate Director, Digital Marketing, manage social media strategy across all social platforms to support the marketing goals, including paid search and Facebook/Twitter/Youtube advertising
- Develop, refine and manage the email strategy to advance audience development goals
- Maintain weekly/monthly metric reports to measure performance indicators; participate in developing/collecting audience research and regularly reporting on metrics
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing to ensure digital content is consistent with BRIC’s brand guidelines and meets compliance standards
- Build relationships among peer organizations for cross-promotional opportunities
- Lead marketing efforts associated with live events related to BRIC TV, including Town Halls, screenings, and season launches, among others
- Coordinate with BRIC sponsorship, media partnerships and marketing teams to execute on contractual partnerships
- Work with the development and marketing teams to support the fundraising efforts surrounding the BRIC TV initiative (as needed)
- 5+ years’ experience marketing with a focus on social media, developing and working with marketing plans, and marketing automation
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere
- Experience with Drupal or other open source content management systems
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms such as MailChimp
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time position with strong benefits package. Some evenings and weekends are required.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Sr. Marketing Manager, BRIC TV. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.